Just to clarify, authentication to my mind means providing
username/password credentials.  There's nothing in the connector aside
from maybe the clientAuth="false" attribute that controls this.  Setting
that true would mean the client browser is required to send an
authentication certificate during the initial handshake.  Do you mean
accessing without encryption or server certificate?  If so, are there
any other connectors configured?  Can you offer any more specific
information regarding what the support team found?

--David