zhang99 wrote:
is it possible to isolate jvm runtime for each web app so that if one web app
memory leak it will not affect another web app for tomcat? i have experience
with tomcat5.5 where one web app crash and cause other web applications die.
i wonder is there any plan/milesstone tomcat gonna improve in handling this?

I believe that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how it works.

The real application which runs on the host /is/ the Java JVM.
This Java JVM runs the Tomcat Java code.
Tomcat runs the webapps.

If you want to really separate the webapps from one another, you have to run them in separate Tomcats, which in turn would run under separate JVMs.

Apart from that, if one webapp can "crash" other webapps or Tomcat, then it is really a bad webapp, and I would think that it should be fixed, before looking at anything else.