> From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric B.
> Subject: How to define a Realm as a global resource and use it as a
> ResourceLink?
>
> In order to secure and clean things up a little, I would like to
> move my JNDIRealm definition to a global resource and use it within
> my context

Sounds like you're confusing two separate and distinct facilities of Tomcat.
Any <Realm> is for Tomcat's use only, not for use by the webapp.  Any
<Resource> is for the webapp's use, although Tomcat may manage appropriately
configured ones on behalf of the webapp.

If this particular <Realm> controls access only to this one webapp, then its
proper location is within the <Context> element of that webapp.  Any wider
scope (such as <Host>) will cause the <Realm> to be used for all webapps of
that <Host>.

What do you actually want to achieve?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.