We have built a Crystal Reports extension to our servlet application
that is called via JAWIN/COM/.NET - I know, it sounds horrible doesn't
it, but if you've ever worked with the c**p that is Crystal Reports for
Eclipse, you'll understand why we have to do it this way.

The JNI library (JAWIN) is loaded with loadlibrary, this communicates to
a COM object written in C# that communicates with CR via an assembly.

This all works fine in our Tomcat development environment (IDEA) and
also works fine if we start Tomcat from the startup.bat file i.e.
interactively.
However, when we run Tomcat as a service, the report viewer section of
our application fails when instantiating the JAWIN object with a "Cannot
load dependent files" problem.

This is obviously a permissions/security issue but despite changing the
logon user/password of the service to a privileged, local administrator
account, I can't make it work.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve