Hi list!
I am trying to setup a tomcat cluster with 2 members (2 different machines
).
On each machine there is an apache & tomcat connected to it via mod_jk
For whatever reason the session stickiness does not works well - this is the
reason for cluster.
As much as i understand setting cluster  means ,that each tomcat will try to
discover
other instances (in my case only one) using multicast.
Now,i don't really understand much about multicasting but it seems that if
there is
no firewall blocking multicasting that does not come from my tomcat cluster
machines,
then anybody will be able to pretend being a tomcat and just join the
cluster - and just read
my user's session data.
Again i am not a network guru.But it seems pretty dangerous .
How are you dealing with this?
Is this really a security risk?
Tnaks
Evgeny