On 08/13/2009 02:09 PM, Eric B. wrote:
"Filip Hanik - Dev Lists"<devli...@hanik.com>  wrote in message
news:4a84706e.2040...@hanik.com...
Tomcat doesn't use log4j in v6 in its standard distribution. You have to
build an adapter for that

I don't understand at all.  Can you please clarify?  All I am trying to
accomplish is have the stdout from my webapp "swallowed" and redirected to
tomcat's logger.
this works for me, and the output ends up in the localhost_ log file

Filip

My webapp has its own self-contained log4j jar and
configuration files and logs everything via the Console appender.  I see all
the log output in the stdout (as expected when swallowOutput is false),
however, when I set swallowOuptut to true, only my filters' log statements
are swallowed; the rest are still displayed on the console.

I've tried looking through the Tomcat code to see if I can find where/how
this is happening, but that portion of things seems to be way over my head.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric