The time stamp on the file is given by your OS. What operating system and version are you using? Also, what time zone are you in?

André-John

On 13-Aug-2009, at 23:38, Mon Cab wrote:

When I edit a JSP, tomcat is compiling the JSP (both java and class files) in the work directory with a timestamp exactly 1 hour greater than the current time.

Eg. If I edit a jsp (after emptying the work directory), at 20:00, and then load the page from a client, class and java files will appear in the work directory with a timestamp of 21:00.

I thought this might be a issue with the JVM time, however, when I look at the tomcat logs Tomcat is gorreclt logging time in the logs, exactly the same as the system time.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?