Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.27 and java 1.5 on an old redhat Linux machine.

I have a UserDatabase Resource and a UserDatabaseRealm set up in server.xml and logins are working as expected. I exposed my Resource under name="UserDatabase". In my webapp code I tried invoking an operation using an MBean server and I get a ClassNotFound org.apache.catalina.mbeans.UserMBean exception. I am guessing this is because that particular class is in the server classloader and not in my app's classloader? Is there a way to accomplish this from a non-privileged app? Does there exist an example somewhere that I missed of a webapp that manages it's own users.xml?

Thanks!
Tim