> From: Roger Powers [mailto:prog...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Problem with respecting docBase in context file in TC 6.0.20?
>
> How can I get it to not make such a presumption, and look at the
> docBase in the t.xml file?

You may have already figured this out, but just in case:

1) The path attribute of a <Context> element may only be used when the
<Context> element is nested inside a <Host> element in server.xml - which is
strongly discouraged.

2) The docBase attribute of a <Context> element may only be used when a) the
webapp is located outside of the <Host> appBase directory, *and* b) when the
<Context> element is in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml or is in server.xml
(again, the latter is strongly discouraged).

Results are not predictable for any other usage of those attributes.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.