Ognjen Blagojevic schrieb:
Christoph Kukulies wrote:
What again are the bits to auto-unpack/deploy a file in the webapps directory, e.g. ROOT.war?
I looked into server.xml and there is
unpackWars="true" and autoDeploy="true" and still a ROOT.war file I put into /usr/share/tomcat5.5/webapps remains untouched when I start tomcat5.5 again. (It's Debian, yes).

Is your context visible after server restart or not? Are there any arrors in the log files?

Nothing got unpacked. I was used that whenever I put a fresh ROOT.war (which hen contained something different than the tomcat ROOT app) it got unpacked into a ROOT directory in webapps.
(I helped myself now in unzipping the war file).

Please send the content of ROOT's context.xml.

/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps# vi ROOT.xml
<!--
   Context configuration file for the Tomcat Web App Root
-->

<Context path="/" docBase="/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT"
  debug="0" privileged="true" allowLinking="true">
</Context>

-Ognjen
--
Christoph