> I agree with Mark: the three threads you showed were different

(different ids), and showing different call stacks. Are you saying that

each thread dump you took represents multiple thread dumps where that

particular thread didn't progress /at all/ over your multi-dump sample?

The three thread dumps were from three different occurrences of the same
problem and three consecutive startup attempts.

With each occurrence, the startup process hangs in the middle of
initialization. I took 2-3 jstack dumps that were identical each time. After
that, I killed the process (kill -9 <pid>) and started it again.

So, while it's not hanging in the same place every time, it's definitely
hanging every time. And because it's the main initialization thread that is
hanging, once it hangs, it never gets any further.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help!

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Christopher Schultz <