On 01/09/2009 08:58, Suleyman Akpinar wrote:
Hi all,

I have a java web application running on tomcat and I get java heap
space not enough error temporarily. Each time I am increasing the JMV
heap option by modifying the system variable CATALINA_OPTS. However,
this solves the problem temporarily. I get the same error when I work
for some more weeks on the development of the application.

Can anybody help me solve the problem?

You probably have a memory leak in your application.

The first thing to check thoroughly, and I do mean thoroughly, is that you are properly closing all database connections and related objects. Don't assume that you have done so - check every location in the code carefully.

Depending on which OS & JVM version you have, (you didn't say - so we have to guess), there are tools you can use to examine the application's state and memory consumption.

Google "memory leak", "jmap" and "thread dump"

Thanks in advance.
Suleyman