Hi Guyz.

I got two linux servers machine running,in both of them,I have tomcat 5 running
i.e

server1:/opt/tomcat1
server2:/opt/tomcat1

I want to have the load balancing using mod_jk and apache2 to delegates the
request for both servers.

I want the server1 to be the controller node or having apache2 installed.

under apache2/conf,I created the workers.properties file to do all my load
balancing task

The file look like this

workers.java_home=/opt/jdk1.5.14
workers.tomcat_home=/opt/tomcat1

#worker.list=worker1,worker2

worker.list=balancer

worker.worker1.port=8019
worker.worker1.host=10.128.79.145
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.lbfactor=1

worker.worker2.port=8019
worker.worker2.host=10.128.79.139
worker.worker2.type=ajp13
worker.worker2.lbfactor=1

worker.balancer.type=lb
worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker1,worker2
worker.balancer.method=B

And again I compiled the tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src which gave me mod_jk.so
under apache2/modules/mod_jk.so
which is good.

On Both servers,under tomcat server.xml

I did the following

server1:

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="worker1">

server2:

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="worker1">

How to test if the apache is doing the load balancing.

Best regards

STATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
MIYELANI GIVEN SHIRINDA.

E-LEARNING CONSULTANT [SAKAI]
DEPARTMENT: TECHNOLOGY LAB
Tel :012 470 1526
Cell:0730133879
E-Mail 1:given.shiri...@sita.co.za
E-Mail 2:mgshiri...@webmail.co.za

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again,this time more intelligently.