2009/9/2 Mokri, Rhonda R <rhonda.mo...@promedica.org>

> Please indicate if there is a document that references Apache Tomcat icd-10
> support as my searches of the Tomcat FAQ and Tomcat related websites have
> not produced any hits. My US based employer is a health care based
> organization that requires that we research every application to determine
> if there is a roadmap to support the migration to icd-10 by 2013.   My
> initial response to my employer that there is a low likelihood of any issue
> with Tomcat and icd-10 was rejected as not being sufficiently 'official'.
>  Thank you.

I presume your employer has made similar searches of the Microsoft, Sun etc.
sites, and has obtained documentary proof that Windows, Java, Microsoft
Office etc. will be ICD-10 compliant by 2013?

As an unofficial comment (I'm not an ASF committer, merely someone who's
used Tomcat and has dealt with a number of medical applications), I'm not
aware of anything in any version of Apache Tomcat or its connectors that is
specific to any clinical coding system, and therefore I would not expect any
Tomcat-related issues running a web application in Tomcat that used ICD-9,
ICD-10, ICD-O, SNOMED-CT, SNOMED-RT, Read4, Read5, scans of handwritten
documents or any other way of encoding clinical information.  As Mark says,
the issues will be in the applications, not in the containers that run them.

- Peter

--
Peter Crowther, Director, Melandra Limited