> From: Markus Meyer [mailto:me...@mesw.de]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat App Configuration
>
> sorry if I got that one wrong. It's just that it works for me the way I
> describe it.

I doubt it.  Not only are you violating standard practice by putting a
<Context> element in server.xml, your path attribute is wrong: the default
webapp is "", not "/".  Whatever happens to be "working" in your environment is
an accident.

> I would not put the app into "/usr/share/tomcat5.5/webapps"
> because this is the default location.

??? That makes no sense at all.  Using the default location makes thing easier.

To the OP: ignore Markus' very poor recommendation, and just rename your webapp
to ROOT, as David suggested.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.