On 13-Sep-2009, at 14:19, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Sebastian Wagner [mailto:seba.wag...@gmail.com]
Subject: howto add a UDP Listener

Is there a way of telling tomcat to receive UDP Packets and forward
them to my Handlers?

No. Tomcat is a server for HTTP requests running over TCP protocol. You'll need to implement your own UDP handler. You might want to look over this thread, which sounds similar to your situation (ignore the last message of the thread, which is a hijack):
http://marc.info/?t=113562169600002&r=1&w=2

You might be able to make use of this within your code:
http://mina.apache.org/

I am just curious what problem the original poster is trying to address?

The approach I would probably take is to make an external "proxy" application that accepts the UDP requests and then submits the data as an HTTP request to the web server using a GET or POST request. The advantage with this is that it helps keep the webapp focused on HTTP and not stuff that doesn't really fit with web server.

André-John