Caldarale, Charles R schrieb:
From: tjones1105 [mailto:tjo...@acworld.com]
Subject: RE: tomcatThreadPool - when to make changes

I really meant the "Executor" should I create a defined "executor"
for each service?

An <Executor> can only be nested inside a <Service>, and if referenced
by a <Connector>, inhibits creation of a <Connector>-specific thread
pool.  Since you have two <Service> elements, you will have multiple
thread pools, either explicitly created by nested <Executor> elements
or implicit for each <Connector>.  If you have only one <Connector>
per <Service>, then the only thing an <Executor> offers is a bit more
control over thread existence.

Whether or not the finer-grained control available with an <Executor>
is important to you is dependent on the arrival pattern of the
requests you'll be handling, the physical resources of the machine
you're running on, and whether or not Tomcat is sharing those
resources with other processes.

Is the possibility to enforce thread quotas for applications (via their
<Connector>s) the main reason for the existence of <Executor>s?

What other reasons are there?

--
Michael Ludwig