What's "too many classes" ? I have JConsole running, and I see that across
my 8 apps on one server, 14,000 classes are loaded. Heap usage is around
1GB.With the settings below, I am not seeing PermGen errors as of yet,
although it's too early to tell, I will have to let the app run for 24
hours.
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server
-Xms1024m -Xmx3012m -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:MaxNewSize=1024m -XX:PermSize=512m
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m"