From: George Sexton <geor...@mhsoftware.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 7:47:48 PM
Subject: RE: Windwos Integrated Authentication using AD and Tomcat (no prompt
to the users)

If you're fronting Tomcat w/ IIS using the ISAPI redirector, then this can
be done. Here's a link to the instructions for our product that describe how
to do it.

http://www.mhsoftware.com/caldemo/manual/en/pageFinder.html?page=895.htm

Essentially, following steps 2-4 will cause the
HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser() to return the Windows User name
(SAMAccountName).

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/