> From: Zeitlin, Michael (USAEO) [mailto:michael.zeit...@usdoj.gov]
> Subject: Using administration url in application
>
> I have configured a Tomcat 5.5 server on and deployed my
> application onto in the root context.

Exactly how did you do this?  The proper way is to remove the existing
webapps/ROOT directory, and install your webapp in its place.  Any other
procedure is probably wrong.

> I have tried going into my admin.xml file and modifying the
> Context entry to use a different path:
> <Context path="/admin1"
> docBase="/usr/share/tomcat5.5/server/webapps/admin"
>          debug="0" privileged="true" allowLinking="true">

Pointless, since the path attribute is not allowed here.  You need to rename
admin.xml to [somethingElse].xml if you want to use admin inside your default
webapp.

> I have also tried totally removing the admin.xml file.

This makes me think you have not installed your default webapp properly.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.