> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.good...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: configuring multiple domain's and forwarding on Tomcat 6
> questions.
>
> I have my Context config's in the META-INF folder of the first .com's
> appBase directory.  It's under \appBase\META-INF.  Is this wrong?

Probably.  In the above, is "appBase" an actual directory name, or is it
referring to the value of the appBase attribute of the <Host> element?  I
suspect it's the latter, in which case your structure should really be this:

D:\JGSite\
  ROOT\  (the default webapp for this <Host>)
    (first-level .html files, such as index.html)
    (other first-level resources)
    WEB-INF\
      web.xml  (containing servlet mappings for your webapp, etc.)
      lib\  (containing webapp .jar files)
      classes\  (containing webapp classes)
    META-INF\
      context.xml  (containing the <Context> element)

You may deploy additional webapps for the <Host> at the same level as ROOT as
either expanded directories or .war files.

> This should be all I have to add correct?
>     <Host name="www.realissuesforrealpeople.com" appBase="d:/JGSite"
>                 unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>                 xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false" />

You probably don't even have to add that.  If you have only one webapp for one
domain, you can simply replace the default Tomcat ROOT webapp with your own.
If you don't want to disturb the webapps distributed with Tomcat, then an
additional <Host> is one way to segregate your webapps from the standard ones.
For a production environment, you probably want to remove all of the Tomcat
webapps other than manager.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.