> From: Eric P [mailto:eric.maill...@gmail.com]
> Subject: debugging model classes tied to Tomcat datasources
>
> they do utilize the Tomcat data sources I've set up (via
> an InitialContext data source lookup).  So this makes it
> impossible (?) to execute the model classes outside of Tomcat.

Tomcat merely populates the JNDI directory with information from the <Resource>
elements.  Since JNDI is not unique to Tomcat (it's one of the Java standards),
you can use it in any Java program.  You might want to read more about the
topic here:
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.