Hello there! I've followed the instructions on RUNNING.TXT and a great
presentation by Mark Thomas and Filip Hanik I've found on the net. But
after creating a directory structure:

/tomcat-6.0.20 {catalina_home}
 - bin
 - conf
 - webapps
 -work
 - temp
 - lib
 - logs
 - instance-01 {catalina_base}
  -bin
  -logs
  -conf
  -webapps
  -temp
  -work

I've just added server.xml and catalina.properties to conf, and
setenv.sh to bin of my catalina_base instance.

But after exporting the CATALINA_BASE and running startup.sh:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/vinicius/java/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/instance-01
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/vinicius/java/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/vinicius/java/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/instance-01/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

I get this at my catalina.out

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:215)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:390)

Can't figure out what am I doing wrong. I don't think I need to copy lib folder.

Any ideas?

Regards