Hello,

I have made the servlet which I include below. If I send this request to it:

telnet localhost 8080
POST /timeout HTTP/1.1
Host: crm.ronald.base.nl Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Length: 100
But I don't send any data. My servlet than waits in getParameterMap(), because that try's
to read the inputstream and parse the parameters. After 20 seconds (Connector has
connectionTimeout="20000") the reading of the inputstream ends, but my
application just gets an empty Map in stead of some TimeoutException. In this case the
browser receives a HTTP 200 OK in stead of HTTP ??? TIMEOUT.

Why? And how should I handle this?

(The real problem is that IE has some issue's and that some of my customers
sometimes send synchronous ajax calls which don't send any data. I'm
investigating that too. If somebody has a tip about that it is also
appreciated.)

Ronald.

packages test;
import ...;
public final class TimeoutTestServlet extends HttpServlet {
   @Override
   protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)
           throws ServletException, IOException {
       Map params = req.getParameterMap();
       System.out.println("params: " + params);
   }
}

   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>timeout</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>test.TimeoutTestServlet</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>timeout</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/timeout</url-pattern>