Hi,

In our web application we have a design of allowing one user to login from one
instance at any point of time.

In case his earlier session is active while he tries to login from another
instance the earlier instance gets forcefully logged off.
But it so happens that if due to some problem on the user machine or the
browser the console session gets hanged or the browser gets crashed then the
same user cannot login back to the application again and gets an internal
exception message which we handle.

Actually the tomcat session kind of gets hanged and the session for the
troubled user does not get released and the force full log off feature does not
work.

Restarting the Tomcat solves the problem.

Any inputs on this.

Thanks,
Sudip

      From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!