Thanks for your continuing endeavors to help me, Chris.

I'm pointing tomcat to a safe keystore file, not the system keystore or any particular keystore. So, I don't have to worry about the keystore getting overwritten when I upgrade. Also, just by changing JAVA_HOME, I can start up tomcat with Java 1.5 and watch everything work, then shut it down and start it up in 1.6 and see this niggling issue in Firefox.

I also tried, btw, regenerating the keystore from the private key and the certificate using the 1.6 version keytool. This new keystore works with 1.5 java but has the same problem with Firefox when I start up Tomcat with Java 1.6.

<shrug>

Christopher Schultz wrote:

Nada,