Maciej Zabielski wrote:
I have Alfresco application installed under webapps/alfresco. The host looks
like this:

<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false"
       <Context path="" docBase="/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/alfresco"/>
       <Alias>alfresco.mydomain.com</Alias>
</Host>

When I look at the application log, or catalina.out I can see, that the
application is started twice.
Application is started twice because:

  1. Tomcat starts all webapps located within webapps directory
  2. Tomcat starts all webapps specified by Context elements

Remove Context entry and restart tomcat. It's so easy :-)
If you - for any reason - need Context element, move webapp to folder different than webapps and update docBase.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>