I've only every declared in in META-INF/context.xml ...but I've also
experienced another problem before that you may be having and that is
truncating the resource name...it will take your valid name and chop
off part of it (seems to truncate at / ) and then complain that it
couldn't find the resource. The reason you may be having this issue is
I noticed in your log error it says

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name mail is not bound in this Context

Based on my experience using it I would expected to see ResourceLink

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name mail/Session is not bound in
this Context

If you are still having the problem after moving your to the
context.xml file, you may want to try a name without slashes to see.
We are running tomcat 5.5.25 and this version seems to recognize names
with slashes but we upgraded from a version (don't know the number)
that I never could get resource links with slashes in them to work.

Curtis

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl> wrote:
> Ken T. wrote:
>>
>> I'm having some difficulty setting up a shared email resource under Tomcat
>> and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere online.  Everything seems to be
>> working under Tomcat, but for some reason my application can't find the JNDI
>> name..
>
> You have to include mapping in Context as well:
>
> META-INF/context.xml:
>
> <Context>
> <ResourceLink        global="mail/Session"        name="mail/Session"
>  type="javax.mail.Session"
> />
>

> --
> Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>