Thanks for the response..

Even I too feel the same as having single tomcat instance running on
multiple ports by adding multiple <Service> tags in server.xml file.

What I need to know is that is this methodology (running multiple ports on
single instance by adding <Service> tags) suggested by apache tomcat in any
of its documentation. I briefly reviewed the documentation but could not
find any help w.r.t above method?

Would there by any limitations going further as to opening 'n' number of
ports on single instance?

Are there any people who are currently using this method on production?

The reason I am asking all this is we need to implement the same on our
production server and I need to be aware of any issues that could arise with
this method?

Thanks for all your help

Regards,
Kishore