Hello,

I have a rather small application using servlets. I am encountering a problem where the dispatching is not working properly. There is a 'web.xml' file that looks like the first listing below.

I have a debug statement set on the first line in the constructor of com.mycorp.referral.servlets.CreateRelationshipServlet. However, when I call the servlet with this URL: http://localhost:8081/MyApp/CreateRelationshp ... the createRelationship is not called - rather, ProcessAction is called again. I have set the debug levels in server.xml and web.xml to 'DEBUG'... but I do not get any errors in those logs. How can I debug the dispatcher and determine why it's not dispatching properly?

Thanks very much!!

<!DOCTYPE web-app
   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>
    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.LoginServlet</servlet-class> <!-- <init-param>
           <param-name>propertyFileNameLocation</param-name>
           <param-value>C:/EclipseLib/FarmersQueue.properties</param-value>
       </init-param>
       -->
   </servlet>
   <servlet>
           <servlet-name>CreateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.CreateRelationshipServlet</servlet-class>
   </servlet>
   <servlet>
           <servlet-name>ProcessActionServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.ProcessActionServlet</servlet-class>
   </servlet>
   <servlet>
           <servlet-name>UpdateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.UpdateRelationshipServlet</servlet-class> </servlet> <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/Login</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
           <servlet-name>CreateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>
           <url-pattern>/CreateRelationship</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
           <servlet-name>ProcessActionServlet</servlet-name>
           <url-pattern>/ProcessAction</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping> <servlet-mapping>
           <servlet-name>UpdateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>
           <url-pattern>/UpdateRelationship</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping> <welcome-file-list>
              <welcome-file>Login.jsp</welcome-file>
   </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>