Hi list!
I am configuring tomcat cluster in the following env. :
2 servers having apache/mod_jk in front and tomcat 6 in the back end.
There _is_ a load balancer in front of all this, however the session
stickiness does not always works _and_
there is always a question - what if one of the servers will be took out for
a while and the traffic redirected to
another one.

However i have configured in the past multiple application (of the same
tomcat instance)
to site on different workers .
(I wanted a separated pool of tomcat thread with separate timeout etc.
configured for each application).
Since this is the same tomcat those applications site in the same <Engine>
But ,and here is the question, according to docs - I should configure my
<Engine> jvmRoute to be the same
as the worker's name ,but my Engine have several workers associated with it
!!!
If i understand correctly jvmRoute is used for session stickiness ,right?
Basically for my setup i think i can do without the jvmRoute at all ,since i
have an apache in front of every tomcat
separately, is that right?

Thanks
Evgeny