2009/10/23 Jeffrey Janner <jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com>:
> OK, time for me to ask a newbie question. (And I did do some research,
> but didn't locate a definitive answer.)
>
> Can a <filter-mapping> entry have more than one <url-pattern> entries?
>
> For example:
>
>  <filter-mapping>
>
>    <filter-name>ImageFilter</filter-name>
>
>    <url-pattern>*.gif</url-pattern>
>
>    <url-pattern>*.jpg</url-pattern>
>
>    <url-pattern>*.png</url-pattern>
>
>  </filter-mapping>
>
> Or do I have to specify 3 mappings, one for each file type?

It is allowed in Servlet 2.5 web applications. There is an example in
servlet-2_5-mrel2-spec.pdf in chapter SRV.6.2.4.

It was not allowed in Servlet 2.4, as far as I am understanding web-app_2_4.xsd

So, that is the question of to what specification your web app adheres
(what version and schema are declared in web.xml), and you must be
using Tomcat 6.0.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko