2009/10/30 Caldarale, Charles R <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com>:
> Smalltalk is a classic example of the philosophy: "I have a hammer, therefore
> everything is a nail."

I used to teach Smalltalk*.  Of a 3-day course, 1/4 day was on the
language, 1/2 day was on the environment and the rest was on the class
library.  It's an interesting experiment in language philosophy in the
same way that LISP is an interesting experiment - and ST80's still by
far the fastest single-user prototyping environment I've ever used.  I
just don't use it for high-performance code.

At the other end of the language-complexity scale, I can't remember
the source of the quote but I do appreciate "When C++ is your hammer,
everything looks like a screw."

- Peter

* Also Java, C++, Basic, UNIX, SQL... I'm not proud ;-).