Here's the relevant log traffic of the missing method. I can get past this
problem by putting xalan into the endorsed directory, but I should not have
to do that when using the JAXP 1.4 API to create XPathFactory.

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.<init>(Z)V
    at org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathImpl.eval(XPathImpl.java:207)
    at org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathImpl.evaluate(XPathImpl.java:281)
    at
com.basistech.vws.env.GazetteerConfigManager.initialGazetteerConfiguration(GazetteerConfigManager.java:67)
    at
com.basistech.vws.env.RLPEnvironmentManager.initialGazetteerConfiguration(RLPEnvironmentManager.java:400)
    at
com.basistech.vws.env.RLPEnvironmentManager.initialConfiguration(RLPEnvironmentManager.java:358)
    at
com.basistech.vws.env.RLPEnvironmentManager.initialize(RLPEnvironmentManager.java:182)
    ... 48 more
org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector  - method annotated by
@PostConstruct throws exception when invoked