Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Simão Fontes [mailto:simao.fon...@fccn.pt]
Subject: tomcat 5.5.25 - Multiple Connectors and performance lost

I have 4 web applications that communicate with each other. My problem
consists in getting the information form the various applications when
the number of threads is reached only by one application.

Perhaps you could create a filter for each webapp that monitors the number of
concurrent threads for its webapp and rejects (or queues) requests that exceed
some pre-defined limit.

But somehow this sounds to me like a problem in the design of the application. If A must call B to get a full response to the client, but A and B compete for a single resource pool, then why not combine them into one single A+B process and be done with the competition ?
In addition to saving the overhead of A calling up B.