Ziggy

These days I'm more familiar with Maven (which solves this simply) however from
the days of Ant I think the following might help a little:

>From memory most ant scripts are custom. You have to add the command to copy
>libraries etc.

You will probably need to add an extra set of commands to the build.xml and a
second directory for 'provided' (maven term) libraries.

I can't give you much more of a guide than that unless I see the build.xml
script.

Gerwood

-----Original Message-----
From: Ziggy [mailto:zigg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 7:02 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat common/lib

Hi,

When i deploy an application on Tomcat, i have to place the jdbc driver in
the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib folder to be able to use the JNDI facilities.
This is fine but when i build the war file using ANT, it refuses to build
the war file unless i have the jdbc driver in the application's WEB-INF/lib
folder. I dont want to do this because i will then end up with two jar files
of the same. i.e. one in Tomcat's common lib and the other in WEB-INF/lib.

How can i build the war file without putting the library in WEB-INF/lib?

Thanks