On 20/11/2009 10:14, div.gcet wrote:

Hi all,

         I am developing a web application using Tomcat 6.0 and MyEclipse
IDE. For my requirements i have to store a lot of (100-200)  Lists objects
in my sessions. And any list may be associated with a lot other objects,
because of this the performance of my application have become very slow. As
i run through my application its becoming more slow. Please can anybody
provide my any suggestion on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
div.gcet

1. Don't store such big lists in the session?
2. Don't store such big objects in the lists?
3. Add a lot more memory to your server?

What do your app logs say?

If you are doing the above, then you may be running into garbage collection issues*. It sounds like you're trying to put too much data into memory - which is not a infinite resource.

Enable the garbage collection log and look for lots of repeated full gc's.

Your app architecture probably needs a rethink.

* Of course, I'm just guessing because your post is a bit short of actual info.