On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:20:04 +0100, Karthik Nanjangude <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com> wrote:

Hi

You mentioned XML - use some existing library that works with XML.

A 3rd party Client S/w of C++ sends an XML string over socket

This socket is be defined and read by *Process* of web application

You are not having a problem with a Tomcat installation.

TOMCAT 6.0.2.0
JDK 1.6.0
O/s  Linux / Unix / Windows

Why are you determined to use a Socket?
Soap over HTTP (Approached was not recommended by the existing client s/w

You are not stating what you've tried.
With a Load on Startup servlet tried to listen to the socket,which does not work

What went wrong? There is no reason why such a thing should not work. Just instantiate a static class/Thread which listens on a port. I don't understand your problem. It is the same as a standalone program except you are starting your class differently.

Ronald.

People get paid to write code and solve this type of problem
I have been using this form since 2000 (almost 10 years) and have giving solutions /ideas to not so smart guys like me
This form was created for the same cause, I presume not to make money :(

With regards
Karthik