On 20/11/2009 14:53, Andreu Adrover wrote:
Hi all

First of all , thanks for answering this mail :)
I'm not a developer, just a teleco engineer.
In our company we have activated a new http-proxy to gave access to Internet
to all our users (until now we gave them direct access by firewall rules).
Since we activated it our development team have problems to connect to
Internet with the applications. I have being searching in
tomcat.apache.orgweb page but I have not found a way to configure
Tomcat to force it to use a
proxy (with user/pass autentication).

I have found manual to configure the tomcat as proxy, some Java classes to
act as proxy, etc. but I don't find a way to force Tomcat to use an exitent
web-proxy. May can someone give me some ligth?

Regards

Tomcat doesn't make outbound requests that would require it to use a proxy. Your application might do so, and so it would be that which needs configuring.

 http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/proxies.html