2009/11/27 Dan Bagley <dan.bag...@metadatatechnology.com>:
> now when processing the plain text stream the accented characters are being
> corrupted even though the stream is being set to UTF-8.   This is only
> happening on Linux and Tomcat 5.5 with plain text,  on windows it works and
> Linux using Tomcat 6.0 it works.

Dan, exactly which version(s) of 5.5 and 6.0 are you using?  Also,
which JVM are you using on each of these platforms?

I'm not sure I have a solution for the problem, but you're more likely
to get useful answers off the list if we have some reasonably precise
version information ;-).  If you're not testing on the latest 5.5.x
(which is 5.5.28), I've no doubt you'll also get a "does it still fail
on the latest 5.5?" question.

>From your question, I'm assuming you have a need to support older
Tomcat versions rather than just say "first install Tomcat 6.0.x".  Is
that due to customers having older versions installed, or QA issues,
or some other reasons?

- Peter