I am actually having the exact same problem.  Were you ever able to
resolve this?  If I change my setup to use polling on a short interval
then I am able to logout and subsequently log back in (as long as the
user waits long enough for the poll interval).

My DA server and my OpenSSO server are installed on the same physical
hardware, but in separate Tomcat 6 containers.  My setup includes
having the Policy Agent behind a load balancer, so the setup looks
something like:

VIP: support.company.com:443
OpenSSO: server1.company.com:8443
DA: server1.company.com:3443 (same hardware, diff container)
Policy Agent: server2.company.com:8443

If I access the Policy Agent directly
(https://server2.company.com:8443) I can login and logout as many
times as I want.  However, if I access via the VIP
(https://support.company.com:443) then I can only login and logout
once.  As soon as I try to login again, I end up with an exception in
my debug.log and a 403 accessing j_security_check.  Hoping someone
made some headway on this one.

The exception I see in my log file is:

SSOTokenValidator: validate failed with exception
[AgentException Stack]
com.sun.identity.agents.arch.AgentException: Invalid transport string
        at
com.sun.identity.agents.util.TransportToken.<init>(TransportToken.java:96)
        at
com.sun.identity.agents.common.SSOTokenValidator.validate(SSOTokenValidator.java:99)
        at com.sun.identity.agents.realm.AmRealm.authenticate(AmRealm.java:141)
        at
com.sun.identity.agents.tomcat.v6.AmTomcatRealm.authenticate(AmTomcatRealm.java:103)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAuthenticator.java:258)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:417)
        at
        at
        at
com.tradingscreen.tomcatutils.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:64)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProcessor.process(Http11NioProcessor.java:883)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11NioProtocol.java:722)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:2214)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

They are on separate containers on physically separate servers.

Cheers,

Scott

-----Original Message----- From: hua....@sun.com
[mailto:hua....@sun.com] Sent: Tuesday, 10 March 2009 01:44 To:
use...@opensso.dev.java.net Subject: Re: j2ee agent session
notification breaks agent realm function

I am not sure if you have the agent and distauth installed on the same
container (I noticed they use different protocols and ports.) Please
be aware that having them on the same container is not a supported
configuration.

Thanks, Hua

Damien Covey wrote:

If I log out using the registered logout url (
/agentsample/logout.html ) it works as expected, that is I'm granted
access on the next login.

However if I log out directly at daui (or opensso) I am denied access
at next login.