Hi,

I am new to using TomCat.

I have used an apache server like WAMP before for a PHP project. I think
that TomCat should be fairly simmilar.

All I am trying to do is to login to the manager section so that I can start
to use an application called x-planner plus.

I have configured the tomcat-users.xml file so that I have a manager
username and password like so..

You are not authorized to view this page. If you have not changed any
configuration files, please examine the file conf/tomcat-users.xml in your
installation. That file will contain the credentials to let you use this
webapp.

<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager"/>

When I try and login to manager using these credentials it will not allow me
and i get the below error.

401 Unauthorized
You are not authorized to view this page. If you have not changed any
configuration files, please examine the file conf/tomcat-users.xml in your
installation. That file will contain the credentials to let you use this
webapp.

You will need to add manager role to the config file listed above. For
example:

<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager"/>

For more information - please see the Manager App HOW-TO.

Does anybody please have any advise.

Thanks in advance.