Jonathan Mast wrote:
Are URL Patterns ending in a wild card allowed by the Servlet Spec?

I have this pattern setup with the intention of binding every url that
begins with "foo" to a serlvet
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>MultiFooService</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/foo*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

But http://localhost/foo1, ...foo2, ...foo<ANYTHING> gives me a 404

Only http://localhost/foo* actually resolves to the servlet.

Do I have the syntax wrong?  I seen examples like
<url-pattern>/*.jsp</url-pattern>, so is there some different notation
required for wildcards at the end of the pattern?

Tomcat 6.0.20

I think you really need to read the corresponding section of the servlet specs for that, because these URL patterns are not the same as filespec patterns, and not regexpes either. Their interpretation is really java-servlet-specs-specific.
Don't ask why.