I'm teaching a Web Programming course and am using Tomcat 6 for the
servlet/jsp portion of the course. I have created a context for each student
in the server.xml file and it seems to work pretty good but if a student
modifies the web.xml file in their application I have to restart the sever
before it takes effect. Is there a way to configure Tomcat so that changes
in a users web.xml file will be automatically sensed by the server and take
effect immediately?

Dick Steflik
Binghamton University
Binghamton, NY