> From: steflik [mailto:stef...@binghamton.edu]
> Subject: Tomcat Config Question
>
> I have created a context for each student in the server.xml file

Don't do that - very strongly discouraged to have any webapp-specific
information in server.xml.  The <Context> elements should be in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml, since you likely don't want them in each
webapp's META-INF/context.xml file.

> but if a student modifies the web.xml file in their application
> I have to restart the sever before it takes effect.

The global conf/context.xml file should have a <WatchedResource> element for
WEB-INF/web.xml; Tomcat should automatically restart the webapp unless you've
removed that or disabled deployOnStartup in the <Host> element.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.