"André Warnier" <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote in message
news:4b2bdc92.9050...@ice-sa.com...
> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>> Mark,

>>> You can use:
>>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/native2ascii.html
>>> to convert the file. You can then edit it and then convert it back
>>> before submission.
>>
>> We use "Attesoro" for our projects:
>> http://attesoro.org/
>>
>> You'll need both the LocalStrings_fr.properties and
>> LocalStrings.properties files in order to use it effectively.
>>
> I got it converted fine to something usable with the native2ascii.exe
> utility, part of the Sun JDK 1.6 on my pc.
> I have the fixed version.
> Now I just need to figure out how to create the diff that Mark wants.
> I know under Unix/Linux it's easy.  On my WinXP workstation it requires a
> bit more research..

If you have a svn checkout, then the command:
  svn diff LocalStrings_fr.properties > LocalStrings_fr.properties.patch
will do it.  Alternatively, Cygwin has a Unix/Linux like diff utility.

Also, for a translation, it's probably not too bad if you just attach the
fixed file.  The developer who grabs this can then run the "svn diff"
command to review it.  But if it is either Mark or myself, then we probably
won't really be questioning the translation ;).