On 22.12.2009 13:13, DOrlov wrote:

Pid Ster wrote:

Looks OK.

When you say the response takes 5s, how are you measuring this?

Is it sustained, or is it occasional?

Is the server heavily loaded at the time - and again how are you
measuring that?

What else could be happening?  E.g. sending mail from app.

For time measuring we have external java tool which generates http get
requests time to time.
Also I use fire bug and htt watch tools for browser testing (When I look
response/request through browser I don't see 5 sec. but time to time requsts
1 sec per request, but avarage time is 300-500 ms).

It is our main problem the issue is 'occasional' and happaned 3-4 times per
day (not enough, but I would like to fix it).

For server load level detecting I'm using tomcat access log and calculate
number of requests per second.

You can add "%D" to the pattern for the omcat access log, which will output the response time in milliseconds how Tomcat determined it. So you get a better feeling for how often it happens and with which reponse time distribution.

Caution: the default pattern is "common", which is just a synonym for %h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b. Since you can't use '"' inside an xml attribute, you need to use a construct like

%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b %D

when you switch to a custom pattern. There are more interesting format characters, look at

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html

Regards,

Rainer

During server work we have meta data reloading time frames ~20 sec per hour