Hi

There was a feature introduced in 6.0.19 to not swallow the inputStream
if the servlet throws an exception and the connection is going to be
closed.

Without this, Tomcat drains the inputStream, so for example If you're
uploading a large file it ties up the thread until input is drained -
which could be ages.

I've not been able to get this feature working.  My servlet sets the
response status to SC_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE which Tomcat recognises
it should drop the connection for, but the Http11Processor.java code
doesn't set the error flag which controls whether or not the inputStream
is swallowed.

The Http11Processor.java line of code in question in the 6.0.20 code set
is 855.  This line checks the value of keepAlive is true before setting
the error flag which controls whether or not input is swallowed.
keepAlive has previously been set to false by line 1590 so the error
flag is not set.

Am I missing something here? Is there a specific way for the servlet to
invoke this functionality?

Thanks very much

Ian