All

Thank you all for the replies & the scripts.

It is true that we can find the results through tests.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3681/abeii?a=view

 says that maximum address space for a process in 32 bit version of Linux is 2
GB.

But am not sure for which version of JRE this limitation is applicable.

In particular, I expect JRE 1.6 will be able to address more than 2 GB of space.

In our environment we start Tomcat through org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Before we try our tests with different values for Xmx woud like to know, if
anyone had tried tomcat with higher values for Xmx.

Thanks