http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=48390

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory

Try googling

On 01/11/2010 11:29 AM, Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX wrote:
Tomcat 6.0.20 zip (used service command to run as windows service)
Window 2003 Server 2.0GB RAM (1.3GB available)

My problem:

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet "servlet name" threw exception

I've read many previous posts and online articles about increasing the memory
settings for Tomcat.  As it stands, I've modified the catalina.bat file and set
the CATALINA_OPTS variable from what was nothing to the following:

:doStop
shift
set ACTION=stop
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx512m
goto execCmd

I have restarted Tomcat.

1.  Was that the right way to increase the memory for Tomcat 6.0.20?
2.  Do I monitor the log files to see if this setting was enough?  I realize
there could be many other things related to heap space errors.

Leo Donahue